"...we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done."
Our purpose at First Baptist Preschool and Kindergarten is to provide a caring environment for your preschool or kindergarten child to experience God's love while pursuing specific social, academic and spiritual goals. It is our desire that each child develop at his own pace and be appreciated for his own unique gifts. We work to provide a strong foundation that will encourage a life-long love of learning and later success in school.
Our curriculum is carefully chosen to provide your child with growth opportunities.
- Kindergarten uses the Scott Foresman Language Arts curriculum, The Wright Skills (phonics) and the Harcourt Math curriculum.
- K-4 uses Frog Street Pre-K
- K-3 uses Frog Street Threes
Each child attends music class two times a week. Our music teacher provides Christian, curriculum-related, fun through seasonal songs and activities.The children are exposed to many musical concepts.
Registration for the 2022-2023 school year opened February 7, 2022 for current students and First Baptist Church Prattville members. Registration for the public opened February 16, 2022. Registration can be completed online (see tab below) or in the FBPK office. If you have questions about the program or registration prior to these dates, feel free to contact FBPK Director Heather Jolley.
Registration Cost, Tuition and Supplies
A $75 registration fee is due at the time of registration. The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. If the registration fee is paid online, a $3.00 processing fee will be added.
- 3 Days/Week (3 and 4 yr old) $145 Currently full [3 year old and 4 year old wait list available]
- 5 Days/Week (3 and 4 yr old) $170 [3 year old and 4 year old wait list available]
- 5 Days/Week (5 yr old) $185
- Lunch Bunch (Mondays and Wednesdays) $35/1 Day and $70/2 Days
- MDO After-School Care (Tuesdays and Thursdays) $35/1 Day and $70/2 Days
The total yearly tuition is divided into ten equal payments to be made August-May.
A $60.00 supply fee is paid with August tuition. Parents must provide a lunch box and daily snack. A tote bag must be purchased from the school. T-shirts are also available, but not required.
Schedule, Eligibility and Special Events
3 Year Old (3 Day) Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday [waiting list available]
3 Year Old (5 Day) Monday-Friday [waiting list available]
4 Year Old (3 Day) Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday [waiting list available]
4 Year Old (5 Day) Monday-Friday [waiting list available]
A child must be the age of his class on or before September 1 of the year for which he is being enrolled.
Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Early Care: 7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
Lunch Bunch or Mom's Day Out: Monday-Thursday | 11:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
We attend Chapel each Wednesday. It is led by a member of our staff who will share a Bible story. Music time is included.
Individual school pictures are made in the fall, and class pictures are made in February-March. Kindergarten (5 year) students also have individual cap and gown pictures made in February.
Many field trips are planned throughout the year. Usually parents are invited to accompany the children and help provide transportation.
Early Care, Lunch Bunch, MDO After-School Care
We have two childcare workers available from 7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. for those who need to leave their child earlier than the regular 8:15 a.m. drop off time. This service is available for $3.00 per day and may be used regularly or on a drop-in basis.
Lunch Bunch and MDO After-School Care
An extended day is available Monday- Thursday. On Mondays and Wednesdays, a child may attend Lunch Bunch which is staffed by FBC Kindergarten teachers. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, a child may attend Mom's Day Out After-School Care. Arrangements must be made directly with the Mom's Day Out Director to participate in MDO After-School Care. Pick up for both programs is 2:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Lunch Bunch is $35 for one day per week and $70 for two days per week. MDO After-School Care is also $35 for one day per week and $70 for two days per week.
2022-2023 Registration and Information Forms
2022-2023 registration opens February 7 for current students and First Baptist Church Prattville members. Registration for the public opens February 16, 2022. Registration forms are available in the kindergarten office, or online registration can be completed starting February 16. The online registration form will be listed on February 16 under the General Requirements and Information. Please read the General Requirements and Information before completing a registration form. Also, you can pay the $75 registration fee in three ways: online (under the registration button), in person (FBPK office), or by mailing cash or check (FBPK, 138 S. Washington Street, Prattville, AL 36067). Please do not pay the registration fee if you are registering for a class wait list. If you pay the registration fee online, a $3.00 fee will be added for processing costs. If you have questions about the program or registration, feel free to contact FBPK Director Heather Jolley.
Please read the below General Requirements and Information BEFORE registering.
General Requirements and Information
1.Children must reach the indicated age on or before September 1, 2022.
2. All children must be potty trained and able to take care of personal hygiene needs.
3. An Alabama immunization certificate (IMM50) must be on file by September 1.
4. A $75.00 non-refundable, non-transferable registration fee must accompany the registration form.
5. This registration fee will hold your place for 2022-2023.
6. Tuition is a set amount for the year. It is divided into ten equal payments paid August – May. No adjustments are made for days school is not in session or for absences. A 10% discount on monthly tuition will be given for two or more children from the same immediate family.
7. The August tuition payment must be received by August 1, 2022 or at time of registration if after August 1, for your child to be placed on a class list.
8. Upon our receipt of your registration form and fee, you will receive an acknowledgment card in the mail within ten days. In early August you will receive a letter that includes important information about the beginning of school and the name of your child’s teacher.
9. Our first day of school has not been determined. The exact date will be established once the Autauga County Board of Education sets its calendar and you will be notified in late June.
10. If your plans for the 2022-2023 year change, please let us know as soon as possible.
If you wish to withdraw your child, please complete the online form, or you can request a form from the FBPK office.