2022 Deacon Nomination Form
The 2022 Deacon Nomination Form is available for submission through June 30. Nominations and nominees are restricted to members of First Baptist Prattville only. Deacons are expected to serve a three-year term, unless asked to complete the remainder of a former deacon's unfinished term. Please complete the form below or submit your nominations to Kelley Bradley in the Pastor's Office no later than June 30.
Nominees should be qualified men who seek to:
1. Pursue the qualifications of a deacon in Scripture, especially in Acts 6:1-6 and 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
2. Be a cheerful, consistent and generous giver according to 2 Corinthians 8 and 9.
3. Do all within his power to create and preserve unity in the church as shown in Ephesians 4:1-3.
4. Develop spiritual disciplines, including (but not limited to) Scripture intake (Bible reading, sermons, podcasts, Bible studies, etc.), prayer, fasting, evangelism, etc.
Nominees should be prepared to:
1. Lovingly minister to all church members assigned to him through the Deacon Members Ministry.
2. Contact each of his assigned members two times within the year.
3. Visit all his assigned members in the hospital.
4. Visit all his assigned members who cannot attend church due to chronic illness or lack of mobility.
5. Assist the Pastor and Staff in providing ministry and continuing the mission of First Baptist Prattville.
6. Help in the observance of the Lord's Supper.
The following men are currently serving as deacons, and thus, should not be nominated: Rodney Arp, Joe Baker, Blake Ball, Will Barrett, Matt Burns, Ed Clapp, Matt Darby, Phil Davis, Larry Deavers, Allen Herrod, Ken Hollon, Doug Johnson, Spencer Knight, Scott Kramer, Allen Lee, Cory Luckie, Bubba McDonald, Terry Miller, Ralph Pierce, Joe Robison, Randy Salle, Gene Sedgwick, Jonathan Warren, and David White.
Deacon Nomination Form