"...we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done."
Our purpose at First Baptist Preschool and Kindergarten is to provide a caring environment for your preschool or kindergarten child to experience God's love while pursuing specific social, academic and spiritual goals. It is our desire that each child develop at his own pace and be appreciated for his own unique gifts. We work to provide a strong foundation that will encourage a life-long love of learning and later success in school.
Our curriculum is carefully chosen to provide your child with growth opportunities.
- Kindergarten uses the Scott Foresman Language Arts curriculum, The Wright Skills (phonics) and the Harcourt Math curriculum.
- K-4 uses The Wright Skills (phonics) and Wee Learn published by LifeWay.
- K-3 uses The Complete Early Childhood curriculum by Sobot and Bogan.
Each child attends music class two times a week. Our music teacher provides Christian, curriculum-related, fun through seasonal songs and activities.The children are exposed to many musical concepts.
Fall 2020-2021 registration begins for in-house students and FBCP members February 10. Registration forms are available in the kindergarten office. Public registration opens February 19. Online registration will also begin this day. If you have questions about the program or registration prior to these dates, feel free to contact FBPK Director Heather Jolley.
For online registration, please scroll to the registration and information forms tab.
Registration Cost, Tuition and Supplies
A $75 registration free is due at the time of registration. The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- 3 Days/Week (3 and 4 yr old) $140.00 per month [Classes closed. Email Heather Jolley for waiting list placement.]
- 5 Days/Week (3 and 4 yr old) $165.00 per month
- 5 Days/Week (5 yr old) $180.00 per month
The total yearly tuition is divided into ten equal payments to be made August-May.
A $50.00 supply fee is paid with August tuition. Parents must provide a lunch box and daily snack. A tote bag and building entrance key card must be purchased from the school, and t-shirts are available as well but not required.
Schedule, Eligibility and Special Events
3 Year Old (3 Day) Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday [Class closed. Email Heather Jolley for waiting list placement.]
3 Year Old (5 Day) Monday-Friday
4 Year Old (3 Day) Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday [Class closed. Email Heather Jolley for waiting list placement.]
4 Year Old (5 Day) Monday-Friday
A child must be the age of his class on or before September 1 of the year for which he is being enrolled.
Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Early Care: 7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
Lunch Bunch or Mom's Day Out: Monday-Thursday | 11:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
We attend Chapel each Wednesday. It is led by a member of our staff who will share a Bible story or simple object lesson. A music time is included.
Individual school pictures are made in the fall, and class pictures are made in February. Kindergarten (5 year) students also have individual cap and gown pictures made in February.
Many field trips are planned throughout the year. Usually parents are invited to accompany the children and help provide transportation.
Early Care, Lunch Bunch, MDO After-School Care
We have two childcare workers available from 7:15 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. for those who need to leave their child earlier than the regular 8:15 a.m. drop off time. This service is available for $2.00 per day and may be used regularly or on a drop-in basis.
Lunch Bunch and MDO After-School Care
An extended day is available Monday- Thursday. On Mondays and Wednesdays, a child may attend Lunch Bunch which is staffed by FBC Kindergarten teachers. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, a child may attend Mom's Day Out After-School Care. Arrangements must be made directly with the Mom's Day Out Director to participate in MDO After-School Care. Pick up for both programs is 2:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. and the cost is $30.00 per month for one day a week and $60.00 per month for two days a week.
2020-2021 Registration and Information Forms
Fall 2020-2021 registration begins for in-house students and FBCP members February 10. Registration forms are available in the kindergarten office. Public registration opens February 19. Online registration can be completed below, after reading the General Requirements and Information. If you have questions about the program or registration prior to these dates, feel free to contact FBPK Director Heather Jolley.
Please read the below General Requirements and Information BEFORE registering.
General Requirements and Information
1.Children must reach the indicated age on or before September 1, 2020.
2. All children must be potty trained and able to take care of personal hygiene needs.
3. An Alabama immunization certificate (IMM50) must be on file by September 1.
4. A $75.00 non-refundable, non-transferable registration fee must accompany the registration form.
5. This registration fee will hold your place for 2020-2021.
6. Tuition is a set amount for the year. It is divided into ten equal payments paid August – May. No adjustments are made for days school is not in session or for absences. A 10% discount on monthly tuition will be given for two or more children from the same immediate family.
7. The August tuition payment must be received by August 1, 2020 or at time of registration if after August 1, for your child to be placed on a class list.
8. Upon our receipt of your registration form and fee, you will receive an acknowledgment card in the mail within ten days. In early August you will receive a letter that includes important information about the beginning of school and the name of your child’s teacher.
9. Our first day of school has not been determined. The exact date will be established once the Autauga County Board of Education sets its calendar and you will be notified in late June.
10. If your plans for the 2020-2021 year change, please let us know as soon as possible.