Operation Christmas Child
Every shoebox is an opportunity to share about Jesus Christ and God's love.
Since 1993, more than 157 million Operation Christmas child gift- filled shoeboxes have been distributed to children in more than 160 countries and territories.
You, too, can be part of this mission! It's as simple as picking up a shoebox from locations around the church, filling it with fun gifts for a boy or girl and returning the box to campus.
FBC's goal this year is to send 2,000 shoeboxes! Help us do this by:
1. Picking up a shoebox, packing and returning it to the Fellowship Hall by Sunday, November 11. You will find official OCC boxes in the front foyer of the Worship Center, the 3rd Street and Preschool entrances and near the library. Pick up one, two, three... or more!
2. Join our OCC packing party Sunday, November 4 from 3-6 P.M. in the Chapel. We will stuff 800 boxes with previously bought items, and you can help decide what goes in the boxes you help pack! This is a great way for families to serve together.
3. Volunteer during OCC Collection Week, November 12-19. FBC serves as the Central Drop-Off Location for the Prattville area. We need volunteers to help collect, organize and load boxes on trucks. If you can serve, please contact FBC's OCC Coordinator, Candyce DeKruyff. Or, you can sign-up for a time to serve here.
4. Give. FBC is collecting $5,500 to ship Packing Party boxes. This money helps train local churches in the various countries and provides Gospel materials to each child in his own language. OCC envelopes can be found on Christmas trees around the church. You can also designate your gift through SecureGive or in your regular offering.
4. Pray. Pray for the children all over the world that will receive these boxes. Pray their hearts will be prepared to receive the Gospel and salvation.
For more information on OCC and tips for packing your shoebox, click here.