At FBC Prattville, we want every member of the church to know where he or she is in the process of "being transformed through God's living Word." We emphasize five markers in our GROW process
- Transformed by Grace (Ephesians 2:8-9) A growing disciple should be able to clearly communicate his or her salvation story. We do this through dynamic, evangelistic worship, small groups that clearly present the gospel, and regular training in how to share our faith.
- Grounded in a Group (Acts 2:42-47) A growing disciple actively participates in a Bible-centered small group. Our starting point for group life is Sunday School, but we also offer numerous short-term Bible studies throughout the year.
- Engaged in Catalytic Conversations (John 4:4; 2 Timothy 2:2) A growing disciple seeks out friendships through which he can influence and be influenced by others. Our starting point for catalytic conversations is Journey Groups--small groups of no more than ten people who meet together for a year of intentional disciple-making.
- Living Generously (2 Cor. 8:7-12) A growing disciple has developed a plan to support his church and its mission financially. We encourage adults to sign up for Financial Peace University, which we offer at least once a year.
- Equipped for Mission (1 Peter 4:10-11) A growing disciple understands his spiritual gifts and is pursuing opportunities to implement them. We teach a course on discovering your spiritual gifts at least once a year, and encourage all new members to take a spiritual gifts inventory.
Wherever you are on your journey, we have a place for you.
Click on the links to learn more.
Contact - James Jackson