Sunday, October 20, 2019, 12:00 AM - Sunday, November 17, 2019, 12:00 AM
Every shoebox is an opportunity to share about Jesus Christ and God's love.
Since 1993, more than 157 million Operation Christmas child gift- filled shoeboxes have been distributed to children in more than 160 countries and territories.
You, too, can be part of this mission! It's as simple as picking up a shoebox from locations around the church, filling it with fun gifts for a boy or girl and returning the box to campus.
To take part in Operation Christmas Child, you can:
- Pack: FBC's goal is to pack and send 2,000 shoeboxes. Pack and return shoeboxes to the Fellowship Hall by Sunday, November 17. You will find official OCC boxes in the front foyer of the Worship Center, the 3rd Street and Preschool entrances and near the library. Pick up one, two, three... or more!
- Party: Join our OCC packing party Sunday, November 3 from 3:00-6:00 p.m. in the Chapel and Fellowship Hall. We will stuff 1,000 boxes with previously bought items.This is a great way for families to serve together.
- Participate: Volunteer during OCC National Collection Week, November 18-25. FBC serves as the central drop-off location for the Prattville area. We need volunteers to help collect, organize and load boxes on trucks. If you can serve, please contact FBC's OCC Coordinator, Candyce DeKruyff.
- Provide: FBC needs $6,000 to send the 1,000 Gospel Opportunities packed during our packing party. Place donations in red envelopes found around the church (Worship Center entrances, Preschool entrance and the Chapel).
- Pray: Pray for the children receiving the boxes to clearly hear the Gospel and have receptive hearts. Pray for the many people who will pack and carry these boxes around the world. Prayer cards can be found around the church.
For more information on OCC and tips for packing your shoebox, click here.
FBC Prattville's OCC Contact is Candyce DeKruyff. Please contact if you have questions or want more information.